Monday, December 7, 2009

My best pull to date was too long ago

I was in my first year of college when the 1993 SP baseball product came out.  I saw these at my local shop and really wanted some.  Didn't have much money but I did have a bunch of things I no longer needed.  I remember gathering together some things likes CD's (even a Vanilla Ice CD) and other misc stuff from the garage.  Took them all to the pawn shop and sold them.  Went to the card shop and got me a bunch of packs.  Opened them up and man was I excited.  I pulled a bunch of great cards including the Derek Jeter # 297 foil card.  I am not even a Yankee fan and hadn't really heard of Derek Jeter but I loved the card anyway.  Wasn't worth much then but I kept it since I didn't trade or sell my cards until a couple of years ago.  Today I am a huge Jeter fan so I am really glad I pulled his best rookie card.  Great guy and future Hall of Famer.

No comments: